Re: Jules Is Sorry And Says It Like He Feels It...

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 10:05:26 EDT

Jules -

I am very surprised at your appollogetic post . I think that it was a very
good gesture that you put forth in an effort to smooth things over .
Some may say that you did it to save customers , and others may say that
you honestly meant it . I don't think that I will worry about splitting
hairs with you or anyone about the "why" , but what I will do is say thank
you for doing it .
I know that in the past , that you have not had the highest opinion of me ,
and likewise , I haven't had the highest of you . As I have said before ,
that was due to how I percieved your attitude . It had absolutely nothing
at all to do with your products , the quality of them , the price of them ,
or MPI itself . I think that if you have a product that it is worth money ,
that it is worth what people are willing to pay for it . If people are
willing to pay $x for a TBI , than I would probably sell them for that too
. I know that words had been exchanged by the both of us either as snide
remarks on the DML or thru private e-mail , but I am always willing to give
anyone the benefit of the doubt . I give you the benefit of the doubt on
this matter . I know that it doesn't make a hill of beans if I or any one
person or even the whole DML says "ok" or "thanks" or whatever , but just
so you know , I appreciate your appollogy .

I don't want you to think that I am saying that you had to appologize . I
fully expected you to never do that or to ever change your attitude . With
this , I see that even if you (Jules) feel that you are completely right
and that you have nothing to say "I'm sorry" about , that you really bit
the bullet and said it anyway .

It does take a big person to say he is sorry . Some will say it in a
round-about way , but to actually say "I am sorry" is hard for most people .

I think that with your appology that you may have changed at least a few
people's minds about you and about MPI .

I think you have changed mine just a bit , and that is a good thing .

I know I'm rambling now , but thanks Jules .

I have gained about 100% more respect for you and MPI than I had yesterday .

>thanks so much mike... i am flattered... but...
>
>since i started this thing... let me step forward first and extend a
>wholesome and hearty apology to each and all on the list... that my message
>reached in a negative tone...
>
>I AM SORRY... and I apologize. i will not do it again. i feel an element
>of genuine remorse for the unruly me that came out of me the other night.
>i do not want to be in the position i currently am with anybody and or any
>group. it is counter productive to the group and in this case... imo...
>counter productive to the enthusiast movement geared towards the joy and
>fun of hot rodding our dodge trucks. if i have offended people and i know
>i have... then i probably have not acted in the best interest of the dodge
>truck movement...i must atone and this is my attempt.
>
>Jon S/dml could easily have pulled my "plug"... i expected it. but to date
>as such i am still connected. this is a tolerant list. i have seen other
>HOT issues come and go. for those so inclined that want to accept my
>apology feel free to call if you feel the need for some help. please
>identify yourself as a dml-r so i can address your needs or "politely" or
>suggest a better time to visit... like maybe with a phone in my ear as i
>run a mill or am at the work bench.
>
>Mike Guzinski... please... remove the ihatejulespage... if you would be so
>kind, sir. i do not think such a spot is in the best interest of those
>modifying their dodges. whether or not it would have any impact is not the
>issue as you have my attention and it and my feelings about the stir i have
>made and my desire to correct it... hopefully will influence you to respond
>accordingly. people have maybe had a bad attitude to me but i invited it
>in part due to the maybe long hours we put in here and the strain that it
>sets us under and the shortness of attitude, etc..
>
>we are not a font or a type face on the monitor screen... but rather
>people... touching thru a common medium. some of the best friends in jr hi
>and hi school came about thru fights i had on the playground after
>school... when the whole gang showed up. i invite us all to come forward
>in a growth mode and find reason to find a good reason to lay this issue to
>bed... and be friends. this is a tight group... perhaps we can all grow
>thru it and the list can become an even richer location for good dodge
>talk... perhaps a place where we can all laugh at that crazy jules... but
>he finally came to his senses... and well, we all accept that. it took him
>a while... but even a thick skull can get the message eventually.
>
>please understand that i can not steer too far from running my business...
>but i will try to contribute in a constructive manner and to transfer that
>thick skull of mine... into a better location such as, maybe, on to my
>epidermis.
>
>some of you may have our 4th edition catalog... the cover has been updated
> [...]
Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net