RE: Tire Upgrade..

From: Joel Znamenacek (newsgroup@zracer.com)
Date: Sun Oct 25 1998 - 15:50:27 EST

You can put the 31's on there like your buddies without any lift. There wont
be any problems with manual transmission and transfer case shifter and the
tow group doesn't have anything to do with it.
With the tow group you get
HD electrical - bigger battery and alternator for trailer lights
Trans cooler if there's an auto
hitch
trailer light receptacle

If you go bigger than your friends then you open a can of worms.

Joel

From: binary/IIRG [mailto:binary@shoelace.digivill.net]
I've been reading archives of the mailing for quite some time now and
finally got around to subscribing and of course I have a couple of
questions..

I have a 94' Club Cab 4x4 with a 5 speed manual and 3.9 V6. I would like
to put some sort of 31" BF Goodrich tires on my truck to give it a "bigger
look" and get more use out of the 4 wheel drive. The "stock" tires that
came on it when I bought it are some k-mart brand 235xr75x15 tires on the
factory 6 lug rims... will 31" tires fit without any modifications? A
co-worker of mine has a 98' Dakota with stock 31" but he has the towing
package.. I recentaly bought a 2" Body Lift kit from Dick Creek but i
haven't received it yet and some of the people I have talked to say i
could damage my truck and i am going to have problems with my manual
transmission and transfer case shifter, the 4" trailmaster
lift was my next choice but after reading a post about the suspension
lift i dont want to do anything to my truck that isn't reversible..
what is this torsion bar modification I am been reading a little abut
about in a few posts? basically i just want to make more clearance so my
front
tires won't rub the frame...

- Nick Amento
New Haven, CT