Tire Upgrade..

From: binary/IIRG (binary@shoelace.digivill.net)
Date: Sun Oct 25 1998 - 15:22:14 EST

I've been reading archives of the mailing for quite some time now and
finally got around to subscribing and of course I have a couple of
questions..

I have a 94' Club Cab 4x4 with a 5 speed manual and 3.9 V6. I would like
to put some sort of 31" BF Goodrich tires on my truck to give it a "bigger
look" and get more use out of the 4 wheel drive. The "stock" tires that
came on it when I bought it are some k-mart brand 235xr75x15 tires on the
factory 6 lug rims... will 31" tires fit without any modifications? A
co-worker of mine has a 98' Dakota with stock 31" but he has the towing
package.. I recentaly bought a 2" Body Lift kit from Dick Creek but i
haven't received it yet and some of the people I have talked to say i
could damage my truck and i am going to have problems with my manual
transmission and transfer case shifter, the 4" trailmaster
lift was my next choice but after reading a post about the suspension
lift i dont want to do anything to my truck that isn't reversible..
what is this torsion bar modification I am been reading a little abut
about in a few posts? basically i just want to make more clearance so my front
tires won't rub the frame...

- Nick Amento
New Haven, CT