Re: Hockey and stuff and VW's

From: Michael Fleigle (fleigle@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 19:52:46 EST

I was just waiting for a chance to say this and it looks like corey just
gave me that chance. I just went to a VW show this weekend that just
happend to include VW drag races. With just some minor mods to a VW
flat 4 cylinder engine a VW Beetle was able to do the 1/4 in just 14
sec. A $1000 dollar car with about $500 in the engine can do what a
$22000 dollar truck with a couple of thousand in the engine can do. Not
only could it do the 1/4 in 14 sec in can also pull a wheely about 2
feet high. I have never saw a dakota do that but I am sure they are out
there. I love my dakota very much but those ugly VW Beetles have balls
and looks. Another thing that you forget about VW's (especially the
beetles) is there off-road ability. I will put my 2 wheel drive baja
beetle (which I paid $200 for) against any 4X4 truck. I know that I
won't always come out ahead but I will be right there with them and have
a hell of a time doing it. My VW engine only puts out around 70 hp but
for a car that weighs under 1500 pounds thats enough to do whatever I
want and go wherever I want. And if anyone wants to say something smart
back, don't even say it unless you have either owned one or drove one
around becuase you just don't understand unless you have. If anyone
wants a ride in a baja bug just so they can say something back, I live
in las vegas and I will be more than happy to scare the crap out of you
if you bring the beer for afterwards.

Fleg
93 Dodge Dakota
69 Baja Bug (FarFrumStopn)

----Original Message Follows----

        After all, Dodge and Dakotas are American, so those foreign sports as
someone else said can be played by the sissies in ugly VW Beetles while
we will fly by 'em all in our big beautiful american Dakotas!

Corey
same ol '89 3.9V6 with those wonderful tires o'mine!