Real Dakotas

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 09:43:20 EST

>Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:17:39 -0500
>From: RMerullo <merullo@ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: Re: DML: Real Dakotas

>I doubt that there is much difference (probably none, actually) in
speed
>between old and new Dakotas, but all you have to do is park one of
each
>side-by-side and do some quick measurements to figure out that the
cabs and
>cargo boxes of the old Dakotas are larger.

>The new Dakotas look great, but I never thought that the old ones
were
>unappealing either. In my opinion, the superficial makeover
probably wasnt
>quite worth losing those few inches of room. Now the superior new
>instrument clusters and climate controls, that's a different story...

If CC and the trade magazines that I have seen can be believed, the 97+ Dakota has significant engineering improvements over the pre 97 models and was not simply a cosmetic make-over.

Kinda like the improvements made in the full size RAM from from 93 to 94. Certainly, locally there is a big different in resale value between the 96 and 97 model years.

Rob