[Fwd: My friday drag results! (attn BKB)]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Nov 15 1998 - 13:51:56 EST

Man, is this ever killing me. I cannot believe that a STOCK R/T will run
a 14.32 @ 93mph. I have an R/T with a JET II, 180 stat, K&N element and
electric fans, and my best time is 15.1 @ 90 mph. This is a huge
difference that couldn't be an altitude/temp difference could it? Stock
this truck ran a 16.2 @ 84mph. Are you sure you were reading YOUR lane?
If I sound bitter, it's because I am, and jelous too! If your times are
accurate, you have the FASTEST R/T ever known to us or Chrysler. God
bless you and your incredible luck. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

Hey fellas,

  I took m y 98 RC R/T to Atco NJ for some testing for the day. All I have
done is a Jet 2 module and my own fresh air intake. I tried out some new 26x10
slicks also which I didnt really gain any et. but made more consistent
launches. It was 52 degrees and 40 % humidity. Best et of 14.32@ 93 mph.
Not that shabby I do say myself. The average for the day was 14.50s @ 92 mph.
I also tested out again ( sorry Bruce) my little nitrous system. =( I only
made 2 runs, and the bottle was very cold and I didnt heat it up , but I ran a
13.27 at 100 mph. Definately would have dipped into the 12s with a warmer
bottle. Ive noticed that by leaving the line with the tranny in 2nd, and
letting the truck shift on its own to 2nd, but shifting yourself about 200 to
300 rpm more in second nets better ets. At least that is how my truck
responds. I know everyones isnt the same, but it works for me. My 60 foot
times were all in the 2.0s with the radials and the slicks. On the gas they
were 1.84 with the Micky Thompsons.

  As soon as I get my hands on that mysterious Stage 2 throttle body, and some
headers I expect to be dipping into the high 13s.And that is with NO internal
modifications just bolt ons! I want to see how fast I can get this thing to
go without changing anything internal......yet. hehehe

Dana W. 98 intense blue RC R/T

p.s. I also tested the Gtech Pro performance analyzer, and it was 3 tenths
off. It said I was going 3 tenths faster than I really was and 4 mph more
also. But it was consistantly wrong, so It CAN be used to measure how much
your mods are working.