Re: Re: Dyno numbers

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 00:02:28 EST

> Subject: DML: Dyno numbers
> I need some help here to compare dyno # with
> somebody else that have dyno tested a complete
> stock R/T 5.9 and a regular 5.2. I dyno tested
> my -99 R/T CC 5.9 today and got really
> disappointed. Here are some numbers: 3700rpm /
> 247ft/lb torque4700rpm / 189 HP Please get back
> to me with some # that I can compare with, I
> think the factory have installed a 5.2 in my
> truck. I will check it at work on Monday, and if
> they have..............well lawsue comes to
> mind, because they charge me $1585 extra for a
> 5.9I would like if you could e-mail me direct
> instead of to the list. Swede at Huffines Dodge

Sometimes I wonder the same thing about my 99 R/T RC.
Everybody tells of their traction problems with the R/T and
the Motor Trend video showed an R/T smooking the tires quite
easily. Mine doesn't. The only way my R/T will burn rubber
is if I power brake it or really stand on it from a stop and
then it burns off maybe 3 or4 feet only. Exactly the same
as my 98 RC Sport did with the same 3.92 SG and the 318 V8.
If I feel any more power in the R/T it is probably $25 more
not $1,500 more.
Jim in Waco.
99 R/T RC 800 miles on odo.