Re: Frank's TB Vol. #1

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 18:10:09 EST

-----*snip*
>My thoughts - more horses could probably be made by those who have less
>restrictive exhausts. I still have the stock exhaust, except for my JBA's,
>which are beat up. I'll talk about that in a different post....
>
>Overall I'm very happy with the power increase! I won't metion fuel
>mileage, cause my right foot has been stuck to the floor!

Be carefull with too little restriction though, as I think I've gone too
far. I've
got one of Frank's Stage II's, DT headers, 3"collector-- 3" pipe, 3" in/out
CAT, 3" pipe, 3" Ultra FLO (aka Straight pipe w/no packing), and finally
a 3" tailpipe... VERY loud, and I believe has killed my low end (1500-2500
rpm)... Best mileage was 16.5 so far, mixed city/hwy driving... City
driving
now yields 13-14 whereas I got 15.6-16 consistantly previously (before
the 3" CAT work). The TB works fine, and I've adjusted my driving for the
off idle surge that occurs....

Sam '95 SLT