Re: Toronto DML Meet (kinda long)

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 25 1998 - 12:04:37 EST

Jon Steiger wrote:

<snip>

> Yep! The day before and the day after the meet were nice and warm!! :-)
> Maybe it's just us... Who knows what sort of strange atmospheric effects
> putting 5 Dakotas in the same place might have? :-) ("A chill came over
> the city as the DML'ers rumbled through town...") ;-)

Well of course the city got a chill. How many times to you see 5
gorgeous trucks bonding with each other. After all, these babies are
all related and have been separated since birth. Ok, I'm getting silly
again.... sorry! :)

<snip>

> Sure, rub it in! :-) Its been my experience that a game or
> simulation is usually a lot harder than the real thing. Lack of sensory
> input, I guess. There was a stretch there when I couldn't land a plane in
> MS Flight Simulator to save my life, but the real thing is a breeze...
> What I want to know is where was the Dak simulator? :-)

<snip>

> > seeing Bob's red rocket (check out the
> >underside of his hood and his wheels if they're in any pics), Randy's
>
> I think you've got the hood one. (Didja get them developed yet?) :-)

We're picking them up this week. Send me your mailing address so we can
send them to you. I can't wait to see how these turned out.

<snip>

> You could always do like Eddie and carry around your stock parts in
> the bed... ;-)

Hey.... perfect! Then I can get mods too and solve the lack of weight
in the bed issure as well. Hmmmmm..... JASON.... where's the cheque
book? :)

<snip>

> Hmmm, a camping trip, eh? That sounds like it could be a lot of fun!
> Anyone else up for that? I bet we could get some great group photos
> up there with some nice background scenery. :-) I camp out at Oshkosh
> every year so I've got a huge tent and a few supplies... Lets wait until
> it warms up though! They already think we're crazy; if we try to camp
> out in this weather, who knows what they'll say? ;-)

You're right of course. Winter camping is not my idea of a good time.
Let's plan on a camping trip then, shall we?

> >Sounds good to me, the only problem is trying to find parking down
> >there. Truly an adventure!!!
>
> No problem for your 4x4 though... ;-) I didn't know about the
> parking situation; I'm not sure if I've ever been there. I have been
> up in a tower like that, but I think it was just the Skylon tower
> in Niagra Falls. (It was many years ago...)

Parking in downtown Toronto is like parking in NYC - slim to none, and
if you do find something - PRICEY!! We usually park our dak at a subway
parking lot, and ride the subway downtown. It's much faster than
driving.

Wow, we're talking as if we're starting to plan something. YES!! I
think I must be going through Toronto Meet withdrawl or something. :)

Norah

--
current:  '98 Dakota Sport black 4x4 CC V8/5.2L/Auto
current:  '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd