Re: Re: 99 R/T transmissions...

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 15:33:33 EST

When I was talking with Terry Delong , he said that he had heard it was
mainly on the CC models with the single piece aluminum shaft . He said that
anything that is over 70 inches and a single piece could start vibrating in
the middle . This would cause the vibration , and in some cases would
explain the leaking tailshaft bushing. It would also explain the hold on
the CC R/Ts for driveline issues .

At 01:11 PM 12/1/1998 -0700, you wrote:
>sounds like it might be a driveline vibration issue... so bad it takes out
>the rear seal... was it a CC, is yours a CC or RC?
>Didn't someone say there was a hold on CC R/Ts due to a driveline issue?
>
>just trying to piece it all together...
>
>Gary Shook
>

>>DML R/T owners...
>>Went to the dealer yesterday to discuss my rusty tail pipe. As I was
>>waiting, my R/Ts clone pulled in behind me making a gawd awful rattling
>>noise. The owner had picked it yp just a week ago and had already put 4
>>quarts of transmission fluid in it just to get it back to the dealer. On
>>the way back it started making the noise, and it was coming from the
>>transmission... His rear seal was leaking mightily! We both slid under
>>mine, and Thank the gods, NO LEAK. Ill be monitoring my transmission seal
>>weekly from now on...
>>The horror,
>>Bruce

Jack Hilton