SC vs N20 opinion

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 11:58:05 EST

OK, here's what I know about N20 & SC's. 1st N20 can be made safer with
the N20 mastermind. It will 1) retard spark for N20 2) not release N20
unless spark IS retarded 3) not release N20 if lean condition exhists 4)
release N20 at adjustable rpm limits both on/off for launch control &
rev limiter. Now combine this with a 2 stage system, 1st stage on a wot
switch 50-150 hp 2nd stage on a hand held button 50-150 hp. Hp adjusts
by use of different sized "pills". Whole system controlled by 1 "armed"
toggle. Start small and work up. Cost: 750.00 2 stage N20 350.00
Mastermind also might need an ignition upgrade to be used on the juice,
about 200.00. This would be a very reliable system, I've seen one run
before on a Ram Air Firebird, 250 total N20 hp 12.90
w/slicks. SC, I know a Cobra with a Vortech, it was taken
all the way with bolt-ons before the 4,000.00 install and it runs
13.90's on drag radials and it's noisy as heck even at idle. Now I like
a blower whine as much as the next guy, but this is a convertable for
cryin' out loud. Sooner or later it's gonna' get to ya'. Also the power
IS there from idle throughout, it's belt driven instant HP. All
together, I like N20, only there when I say so, instead of all the time
like SC. As far as engine damage, these are both race parts, setup right
they can be plenty reliable, setup wrong and BOOM, any way you slice it.
I love the smell of Nitrous in the morning..., it smells like VICTORY!
Alan S.