Re: SC vs N20 opinion

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 13:02:24 EST

<< This would be a very reliable system, I've seen one run
 before on a Ram Air Firebird, 250 total N20 hp 12.90
 w/slicks. >>

That isn't very impressive, considering I have a friend with a '96 T/A that
runs 12.77 @ 112 mph w/ a 125 dry kit. He has a few bolt ons like a cold air
kit, headers, an air foil, but nothing really major. This 12.77 was also made
on radial tires w/ 2.73 gears.

<< SC, I know a Cobra with a Vortech, it was taken
all the way with bolt-ons before the 4,000.00 install and it runs
13.90's on drag radials and it's noisy as heck even at idle>>

What altitude are you at? Cobra's with a skilled driver should run near 13.90s
stock, on radial tires.. with a few bolt ons, 13.90s should be accomplished
easily even on a bad day.. that is, we are talking about a 4 cam Cobra, right?

FWIW, The Vortech package for the 4 cam Cobra is just under $3000.

<< Also the power
IS there from idle throughout, it's belt driven instant HP.>>

The supercharger won't make any extra power until your foot is planted to the
floor .. but you're right, it is available from idle throughout, as long as
you open the throttle.

<< As far as engine damage, these are both race parts, setup right
they can be plenty reliable, setup wrong and BOOM, any way you slice it. >>

Couldn't of said it any better ..

ttyl
Patrick