RE: [Fwd: Re: Electric Fan(HELP!)]

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 11:09:01 EST

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> If you'd study your history...the mid to late 60's AMC's used quite an
> assortment of "MOPAR" parts. (Not to forget Chevy and Ford as well.)
>
> AMC = All Mistakes Combined.
>
> Can't complain about my Javelin though...only 1 motor (at 180K miles) and
> the suspension is still uses all of the original main components: ball
> joints, bushings, shocks, etc. obviously required replacing at some point.
> Rearend is still the original (no gear changes yet and it's a Chrysler
> Rearend), Transmission is still the original (no rebuilds yet) and the
> driveshaft has only had two U-Joint replacements.
>
> :)

    I went to Columbus OH a couple of weeks ago with a friend of mine
to this "muscle car" dealership, and they had a Javelin there. I'd
never seen one before, but that's a really neat car! There's enough
room in the engine bay to stuff a small country in there; it made the
440 in it look like a 4-banger! :-) The interior was really cool
too; I don't know how to describe it, its just the way the dash
zig-zagged around (almost looks like a fighter plane cockpit), the
little switches just under the instrument panel... Really neat!
Almost looks like something James Bond should be driving... I
could stand having something like that to tool around in. :-)
It was in good condition too; the paint was perfect, the interior
was nice. (The engine bay could have been better.) Too bad it was
an auto. ;-) I think they wanted about $10,000 for it.

  Dak content: Uhhhh... ummm... HEY LOOK, ITS THE GOODYEAR
BLIMP!!! <running away...> ;-)

                                              -Jon-