Cats

From: Bill Fleming (BillF@lantech.com)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 14:22:12 EST

Speaking of cats, not the furry, independent kink, when I bought my Dak. '89
3.9, I discovered sometime later while changing out the trans fluid and
filter that someone had removed the cat and installed a straight pipe. Two
questions.

1. What kind of effect would this have (other than opening the exhaust and
allowing it to exhale better, on my performance?

2. When I go to have it emissions tested, (Jefferson County, KY), are they
immediately going to pull out the hangman's noose or just jack up the jail
and throw me under it?