Big Sound

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 23:19:49 EST

Whazup fellow Dak owners? I'm a brand new member to the DML and just
wanted to share the customizing I've done to my '98 Extended Cab (318,
4x4, etc. -- I got most everything I could from the factory). My
biggest mod is a new sound system:

-Pioneer reciever/CD player that fits the factory slot
-4 - 6.5" Pioneer 2-way speakers
-280 watt MTX amp to drive the 6.5 inchers
-12 disc CD changer
-MTX Thunderform subwoofer (two 10" woofers!) that replace the factory
storage box underneath the rear bench (comes with a center comparment
for the jack)
-325 watt MTX amp to drive the 10 inchers

Two words: THIS BOOMS! Yeah, it's more than I need, but I was
feeling exceptionally testosterone-fueled that day and couldn't
resist. Plus, its fun to pull up next to those imports with all those
stupid stickers all over and out crank 'em (I can't wait until someone
makes a lift kit so I can be even more 'threatening', towering over
them). The cool part about it is that the whole system is stealth.
You can remove the face-plate of the reciever, the 6.5" are hidden
behind the factory grills, the amps are under the seats, the changer
fits in the center storage between the seats, and the Thunderform is
totally hidden with the rear seats down (its fun to make your
passengers bounce in their seats). For those who are interested in
the MTX Thunderform, the model number is DDXP20E (it comes with the
MTX woofers).

Next mods: FABM and a Cat-back exhaust (so I can hear the engine over
the stereo).

Thanks for the opportunity to do a little bragg'n about my toy.

Take it easy,
Jason "Hurricane" Yates
Las Vegas, NV