RE: 318-340 block

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 16:33:58 EST

Ahhh Brian this all the we got... The 360 is considered an 'A' Block, but it
it also has a longer stoke than it's smaller counterparts. But you are right
about the different mounts though. A good purple grind cam gives the 340 a
nice sound as wells as better pickup on the low-end. If you want to snap you
neck when passing someone the TQ is the way to go. Imagine that 1 3/8"
primaries and 2 1/2" secondaries (on vaccuum) all opened up (remembered when
you thought you were cool and put a velocity stack (with the thin foam
filter) on your 340/TQ combo and then woundered how the carb ingested all of
the foam). 340's were also good for busting the stock driverside engine
mount. It was also good to replaced the oil pump shaft with a stronger tip.
Windage tray is good for another 10-15hp. Ignition wise a Mallory EI system
seemed to be the hot item when I had a 71 340 RoadRunner. The MP Hemi
mufflers gave the 340 a real nice sound (deep rumble @idle , and a scream
@WOT).

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd