New Member and a Question

From: Roger Heim (rheim@ultracom.net)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 16:00:39 EST

Hi all,
I've been lurking on this list for a few weeks and though now would be a
good time to introduce myself (and ask a question!)

My name is Roger Heim and I bought a 98 Dakota SLT in August. It is Light
Driftwood and has the 5.2 V8, Auto Tranny, and power everything. I live in
Wayne, New Jersey about 20 miles from New York City.

Now my question. My first mod is a set of Steel Horse stainless steel
steps. The driver's side steps went on with no problem but the bolt
mounting the step to the bracket broke while I was torqueing it down. (I
know the torque wrench was set correctly.)

To make a long story short I had to drill out the bolt. Now I don't know
whether to drill and tap the hole for a 5/8" bolt instead of half-inch, use
some sort of coil insert and use the half-inch bolt, or something else
entirely.

Any advice?

Roger Heim
98 Dakota SLT CC 4X4 Light Driftwood 5.2V8 Auto