Re: Supercharger

From: Ron Merx (ronmerx@nol.net)
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 22:06:29 EST

Vladimir Ryall wrote:

> Ron,
>
> I know your truck runs great, but, you are one of the lucky ones. And
> please let everyone in on the problems you had in order to get you where you
> are today. Was the road flat and smooth?

No, can't say it was but I considered IT hot roding. Really had more problems
selecting the correct cam. If you left everything stock and did the install as
per Vortech you would have a very nice gain (not cheap tho) but when is enough
HP, enough? :-) Love spanking the Cobras, LT's and Firebirds. When a 5k lb
truck (work truck with tools) walks off from them it kinda puts the pain and
suffering behind.

>I have nothing against SC's except they are overpriced for the money. They are
however, very >impressive without question. Not for average folk though...

No I agree, Not a drop in for sure. Guess it all boils down to what you are
wanting to acomplish.
And how far you want to go to accomplish it. Your heart (and wallet) gotta be in
it.

--

Ron Merx (IndyRon) <ronmerx@nol.net>

'96 Ram Indy Pace Truck, Vortech Supercharger, Mopar R/T cam, Mopar Perf. Computer, Crower 1.7 rockers w/ H-D springs, MSD 6A-BTM ignition, J&S Digital Safeguard, MPI Pro Street TBI, DynaMax muffler 3" hiflo cat exhaust (custom built), 4.10 Gears, Borla Headers, 24# injectors, TransGo kit, B&M Floor Shifter, AND........Soon a '99 Solar Yellow R/T.