Re: Shutting off & Low RPMs

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 23:19:39 EST

webmaster@dakattack.com writes:

<< For the first time today, my Dak shut off on me at a red light...Twice at
the same red light, even after I started it back up and gave it some gas, it
shut off again...After that, I noticed that it was running real quite and the
RPMs never got way up there...In fact, it is idling at about 650 RPMs...I'm
not 100% sure, but I seem to remember it usually idling at at least 1000
RPMs...Is this normal? The only thing that has really changed is that it has
gotten pretty cold here...but could that make it idle low and shut off? If I
haven't heard anything by around noon tomorrow, I'm taking it to the dodge
dealer...Thanks!

I had the same problem with my 95 once, just after I installed the MSD. I
remember that I'd taken the air cleaner assembly off to get at something.
Apparantley when I did this I'd pulled the PCV breather off the driver's side
valve cover. The hell of it was that the breather was still sitting where it
was supposed to but it wasn't snapped into position so I overlooked it several
times. The truck would die occasionally and idled awfully low. I was afraid
that I'd hooked up something wrong and was relieved to discover that this was
all it was.

If I were you I'd check every breather and vacuum hose. Hope this helps.

Jeff