RE: TBI Question: Attn. GS

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Mon Jan 11 1999 - 16:52:10 EST

GS,
There are a couple of routes that we can go with this and it would be pretty
much dependent on what the machine shop did for you. Do you know if they did
any machine work on the bores, and did they have the shaft out of the TB???
We locktite the throttle plate machine screws in place. If your machine shop
used locktite, then the only to remove the screws is with heat. I am almost
afraid that if you got into it and found something unique to the TB, you
might not be able to get it back together in a short time. How about this,
we can ship you a TB to use, you ship us yours and I will go through it. We
can shave the top, and at minimum polish out the bores, if the compression
area of the bores need to be opened up even further, we can do that, at the
same time I can install the new SS shaft for you and ship it back out. Then
just return our TB back to us. If you want to tackle this yourself, I would
be glad to ship a new shaft out to you. Let me know what you want to
do......

        Frank