Oil Changes - [was Blackstone]

From: Weston-Lewis, Graeme (Graeme.Weston-Lewis@lsil.com)
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 10:29:10 EST

Back in the europe, oil change intervals are 12,000 miles or 12 months.
Hmmm, do they build better engines in europe - I doubt it. Places like
Jiffy-Lube just plain don't exist over there because there is no market.
When I was back in the UK over the summer, I hear that an american woman
went to get her oil changed at 3000 miles and the dealership REFUSED 'cause
they had only done it 3000 miles ago :)

Here in the US, I have a mechanic friend who uses synthetic oil and he
changes the filter every 3000 miles and the oil every 12 months, no mateer
what the mileage.

Graeme Weston-Lewis
'97 SLT 4x4 v8 - who changes his oil religiously every 3000-7000 miles :)