Re: DML:Crank position sensor.Attn: Frank, Jules

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 20:39:34 EST

<< possibly... but don't forget that all sensory input voltages get broken
 down into binary numbers. these are rephrased by sbec into controlling
 binary sentences... that manage inj pulse width modulation. there are
 windows of expected ranges... get outside them and maybe driveability
 problems.

 but if you are up for it... tell us youur results

 jam'n >>

The only problem I can see would be the computer looking at the relation of
the crank sensor and the cam (or dist) sensor. But if the computer were
tricked to think the No1 piston were at TDC, but really it was 10 degrees
before, or after, I wonder when it would send a signal to the injectors? Does
the injector firing have a relation with the crank sensor, or just the cam
sensor? If you turned the dist to compensate for moving the crank sensor,
would this all be fruitless? I wish I could try it, unfortunately my truck is
down. Remember that my rod decided it wanted to be somewhere else? Anyways,
heres my idea..........the crank sensor has two bolts threaded into the block
that hold it down. If you put inserts into the mounting holes, to use smaller
hold down bolts with washers, then you could move the crank sensor. How many
degrees of adjustment, I dont know. Simple math would tell us. Circumfrence
divided by 360 would tell us the length of each degree increment. I'm writing
on the fly, so I'm not doing the math. I would have to measure flywheel
diameter. Also, bushings would need to be installed in the holes of crank
sensor to keep it from moving for and aft (in relation to truck, not engine
rotation). Someone should try this!!!

Brad