RE: RE: New Dakota chick(Tires)

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 15 1999 - 08:47:40 EST

This was my original point all along. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 4x2
doesn't have a torsion bar so how could it be cranked up to accommodate the
bigger tire? Not to mention that the 4x2 also sits lower than an uncranked
4x4. As Jason just pointed out to me, I guess it depends on the owners
opinion of "fit". Some people (not on this list of course) may believe that
just because you can fit the tire on the truck, it will work. I sure would
hate driving over a bump or making a sharp turn. But then of course, with
the older daks, the really sharp turn, wasn't as much of an issue as with
the '97+.

Erin -- did the previous owner modify the truck so that it can accommodate
the larger tire? Is the size of the tire the reason you want it lifted?
Just curious :)

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd