Re: '99 Chryslers@Carlisle

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 22:17:47 EST

At 05:03 PM 1/20/99 -0500, you wrote:
> I'm trying to find out more specifics about getting a tent for the
> DML at C@C. I called Carlisle Productions and they told us we
> need at least 20 pre-registered vehicles in order for them to set up
> a tent for us. I also told them we're interested in the ''club challenge''.
> This is an opportunity to win money based on the amount of particapants
> per club. I can't remember exactly how much, but last year the MML
> won hundreds of dollars after placing 2nd to the North East Hemi
> Owners Assoc. Carlisle Productions said they'd send more info about
> the ''club challenge'' in February. If we get a nice turn out and maybe even
> place, possibly this money could go to the DML for the monthly operating
> cost of the server.
>
> By the way I don't think (hopefully) it will be real hard to get 20 DMLers
>and
> their vehicles to Carlisle. Whada ya think?
>
> Shane B

   Sounds pretty cool! :-) I don't think we'd have much of a chance at
winning any money, but you never know I guess. How many MML'ers showed
up last year? It would be very cool just to get our own tent! :-) If we
do, I'll get a DML banner made up for it.

   Has anyone stepped forward to volunteer to be the "point man" for
Carslile? (I'm not volunteering, just curious.) ;-) Looks like
we're going to need someone familiar with Carslile to organize trying
to get a tent, getting us info about how to pre-register, etc. I've
never been to Carslile, but I'd like to go!

  What's the deal with "registering"? Does that put you into a
show class or something? If a vehicle is registered, can it be moved
to go run at the racetrack or grab a burger?

                                               -Jon-