Re: '99 Chryslers@Carlisle

From: Sbak1320@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 19:06:51 EST

>>>How many MML'ers showed
up last year? It would be very cool just to get our own tent! :-) If we
do, I'll get a DML banner made up for it. >>>

  I'm not sure, although it was a substantial amount of people under their
tent.
  I agree, a DML banner would be neat!

>>>Has anyone stepped forward to volunteer to be the "point man" for
Carslile? (I'm not volunteering, just curious.) ;-) Looks like
we're going to need someone familiar with Carslile to organize trying
to get a tent, getting us info about how to pre-register, etc. I've
never been to Carslile, but I'd like to go!>>>

 Sure, I'll step up ! I'll let everyone know after C. P. sends me an info
packet and I'm
glad you're interested in coming. All we need is rain-free, mild early July
weather
(hoping this isn't a jinx :).

>>> What's the deal with "registering"? Does that put you into a
show class or something? If a vehicle is registered, can it be moved
to go run at the racetrack or grab a burger?>>>>

 The majority of vehicles registered will be placed on the ''Fun Field''
unless you'd have, lets just say, an immaculate unrestored/restored Chrysler
Muscle car. These vehicles get judged by certified personnel. Whereas, the Fun
Field vehicles get parked with other like vehicles and are judged by ''peoples
vote''. I didn't go there last year to be a show class
 winner. In fact I don't even know if I even got more than one vote other than
from myself :).
 I think, but not positive that last years fun field registration for the
weekend cost $30.
Like was mentioned before, this is the cheapest way of coming to Carlisle,
plus you get a great parking spot on the show field as well as more ticket
stubs at a chance for the giveaway car. Yes, as long as you have your window
sticker or paperwork, you're allowed to enter or leave the fairgrounds
anytime. BTW: It is in my experiences that Carlisle (without a doubt) puts on
the most organized Mopar show that I've ever been to.

 Later,
 Shane