Re: RC R/T 1/4 mile times

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 22:17:16 EST

Ron Merx wrote:

> Alan Short wrote:
>
> > Rick Holzapfel wrote:
> > >
> > > Anyone have their RC R/T at the track yet? what are the average times?
> > > -Rick
> > > '98 Black RC
> > Lots of R/T's have 1/4 time slips. Mine seems to be among the slowest.
> > Bone stock with 1,500 mi it ran 16.2 @ 84mph. July 2 HOT!! After some
> > mods and in early October it ran 15.1 @ 90mph. I have seen posts from
> > other R/T's running in the upper 14's, bone stock. It relly depends on
> > the individual truck/driver and track/alt.temp.hum. Where are you and
> > what track would you be running on? Any mods? Alan S.
>
> Hey Alan, Is it on this end or do you have your date set wrong on your
> computer? I'm getting your messages a day late. Going to try to make the
> Motorplex race on Feb 7th.
> Hope to meet you. (thanks for inviting us Rams) :-) Hope my Dakota will be
> in this week. Maybe carry both up? Sounds like fun....
>
> Ron
>
> --
> "96 Ram Indy Pace Truck, Vortech Supercharger, Mopar R/T cam,
> Mopar Perf.Computer, Crower 1.7 rockers w/ H/D springs,
> MSD 6A- BTM ignition, J&S Digital Safeguard, MPI Pro Street TBI,
> DynaMax muffler w/3" high flow cat exhaust (custom built),
> 4.10 gears, Borla Headers, 24# injectors, TransGo shift kit,
> B&M Floor Shifter, AND.... A '99 Solar Yellow R/T soon..... :-)
Cool man, glad your going to make it! I want to see that Ram run! I'm
going to try to get to the track by 10:AM when it opens, I bet it'll be
crowded, especially if the weather is nice. I just got this computer
built last week and didn't check the date, it is off by 1 day. I'll fix
that, thanks. Looking foreward to it!Alan S.