Re: Yellow R/T on TNN Today!

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Jan 23 1999 - 19:54:20 EST

Rekker21@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/24/99 2:59:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, ashort@flash.net
> writes:
>
> << I saw it, what a rip off. I was expecting performance bolt-ons. That
> show is famous for bolting on performance stuff and re-dynoing. Pimped
> the truck out instead. I like the tonneau OK, but that bra would only be
> good for part time hwy use to me. I'm not a fan of running boards, the
> truck is low enough, I don't need a step to get in. If you have all this
> stuff, don't get mad, I just don't care for it. Alan S. >>
>
> Yeah, I agree Alan, they kind of cut it short I thought. I would never put a
> bra on another car. I had one ruin the paint on my old shadow. Did you see
> the show after with the Lightning? 14.4 in the quarter! Pretty quick for a
> stock 4000lb truck. Just not quick enough to beat my Dak! Or how bout the
> Mopar Nats on the Classic Car show? See the Barricuda with the twin turbo'd
> crate 360?? Hmmm!
> Eric
Yeah,I saw it all. That old cuda was tricked out, they dropped some
serious coin on that! I kept waiting for a Dak to show up during the
concourse at Sonic, but it was a classic car show. The Lightning was One
Upmanship. Took a blower to go fast, and still had to power brake to get
a decent burn-out. I'm hopeing for a solid 14 sec 1/4. I'll settle for
anything in the 14's for now, but I'd like to get the mph #'s up too.
Just a couple more weeks the track opens. I can't wait! Alan S.