Re: nx's nitrous kit for the 318 & 360

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Jan 30 1999 - 13:48:49 EST

Ican2u7176@aol.com wrote:

> > It went a best of 14.391 and also a 14.395
> > I believe that someone else on the list with
> >an R/T went 14.32 or 14.33 at ATCO, NJ
>
> > I think Shane's ran a 14.3??
> >
> Yup, he is the fastest I've heard of. Not many mods either. He did have a
> pair of M/T's. Were they slicks? I'm not sure.
>
> > I bought the nx kit for my R/T and used the 75hp jets and had no
> >problems.
> > Then I stepped it up to the 150hp jets and ran even better. The kit
> >works
> > great on the truck and I was able to post 13.5's at the track on the
> >street
> > tires. I just added a fuel pressure gauge and that's it. Best
> >money I've
> > spent. There are no other mods on the truck only the kit.
> >
> > Johnny
> > '98 R/T Red R/C
> > >>

> Would'nt this make Johnny's R/T the Fastest stock motored truck at 13.5 on
> steet tires? Lets hear it... who does have the quickest 97-99 Dakota.(I also
> heard of a nitro R/T in the 11's...but from what I heard it has extensive
> motor work done)
>
> Charles Smith
> 99 Dak R/T RC
NX told me about the 11 sec R/T. They said he had intake & exhaust work+
a 150 shot & slicks. Other than that, I think if we start looking for
the "fastest", the ones that want to claim the title will have to earn
it by posting a scan of the time slip. There are many fast older Daks on
the Drag Truk site. As for the '98-'99's, those 14.3's are pretty stout
#'s for no SC/N20. I think a stock catagory to include minor bolt-ons
and a modified catagory for SC's/N20 and internal work would be fair.
Hopefully I'll know the 1/4 #'s on my truck next SUN when the track
opens, bad weather would be the only thing to hold me back. Alan S.