Re: DML:IMPORTANT NEWS Computers?

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 17:04:36 EST

I have a question: Is the computer in control of the motor at Wide Open
Throttle in the 318's and 360's? Doesnt the oxygen sensor have a "window" in
which it works.(also the speed density system?) This is why cars like the
buick Grand National can run 9's with the stock computer. (I also relize that
the GN's use chips that vary the timing, boost, and fuel tables). Doesnt it
become just a matter of keeping the motor within the correct air/fuel ratio
increasing each for more HP. All this talk about new computers confuses me. If
the nitrous guys are using the stock computer why cant everyone else? I was
just wondering.

Thanks
Charles Smith
99 Dak R/T