Re: Shaker hood what do you want

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 19:24:44 EST

In a message dated 2/4/99 3:03:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, rap777@juno.com
writes:

<< . My main concern is that it be
 functional. I want relatively cooler air going into the K&N FIPK than
 what's under the hood, especially with the headers heating things up >>
Richard,
    That's is my main concern as well. I believe form Follows function! I
wouldn't do it just for the looks. Ya know, Ive had compliments on my hood
lately as ratty as it has looked through this crappy winter so right now Im
not sure what to do as far as the style goes. Im also not entirely sure what
would be the best route to go, that's why I posted it to you guys! I figure
that majority may rule, and if I can get enough people that may be possibly
interested, that have the same idea as for a form then I can make it function.
That's no problem.
    With a few people that have already contacted me saying that they really
like the shaker concept, I may just do both hoods. If that being the case,
then I am definitely going to finish my hood first, cast it, make some parts,
then towards the end of May, I will start a shaker hood. All will be
functional, and somehow, I will figure out a couple different concepts so
people aren't forced into using the K&N open air element. That will only add
to peoples cost of making their hoods operational. Just some ideas, but the
more people throw at me the better this will work out.
Eric