stroker 6ers

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 07 1999 - 22:12:02 EST

>>>I wonder if the 3.9 could be made into a stroker motor. Anyone know
if the
block is thin or thick wall casting?? I'm just thinkin--if the 3.9 is a 318
with the front 2 cyl. gone, well why couldent a rewelded stroker crank
be
utilized??<<<

here's what I've learned about our trusty 6ers....
it's not the front two cylinders, it's the drivers side front one and the
passenger side rear one (I'm pretty sure, I could be worng). So, using
that knowledge, in order to make a 360 crank work, you'd have to cut the
front and back of it off. I would be interested in a mod along those lines
as well. I mean, If chevy could come up with a 4.3, which is just a 350
minus 2 cylinders, then we could come up with a 4.4 stroker 6er..that
would be sweet! Don't talk about it too much though, those that conspire
may catch wind =)

-mike d.