RE:46RE trans Problems

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 10:21:19 EST

Fellow R/T owner,
Bummer. My R/T has almost 13K on it with no signs of any tranny probs at
all. I have about 25 runs @ the track as well as a lot of on the road stop
and go and high speed driving :^)... The fluid looks good although I am
remiss in changing it out so far. Since Im planning on putting a 46RH/E
behind a 500HP big block Im real interested in transmission issues! Did you
install the shift kit prior to all of your woes (IE did you have it
installed on your first tranny before it gave it up?) I would suggest
calling some experts that are non-dealer related like level 10 (973)
827-1000 (trans) or protorque (516)218-8700 (converters) to discuss the
transmission probs. The 46RE isnt that much different from the 727a 3spd,
and I have heard of many 100K 518s out there ( and Ive got a 300K 904 that
still shifts well!). Just loosing reverse should be pretty easy to
diagnose! I did get the extended 100K warranty specifically for the tranny
and paint though. Just my luck Ill never use it...hopefully!
BKB