Re: new email address CABLE MODEMS?

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 10:15:06 EST

>Are the cable modems worth the extra 10 bucks a month?

Um , HELL YES !!

Can you still get AOL?

If you want , AOL has "Bring your own ISP" and it is like $10 a month .

>Doesnt the transfer rate depend on the modem on the other end...or are all
>server modems very fast...much higher than 56.6K?

Well ,that is true , the speed at which you can download depends on how
fast the server on the other end can give it to you . Fortunately , most
big guys have them hooked to a T-1 or better , so they can really pump it
out .

I have hit a maximum download speed on mine of 1700kbps .

I am a project manager for Charter Pipeline (Charter Communications
Internet Cable Modem Service) here at our local office .

If you have any questions at all , just ask .

Cable is the way of the future as far as the Internet is concerned .

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html