Re: RE:46RE trans Problems

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 10:35:44 EST

I second Bruce's experience .

With the exception of the "buzz" in reverse when it is cold once in a blue
moon , and the freakin' tranny dipstick that is too long , I have no leaks
, and no slippage in mine , and I drive fairly hard , either on the
interstate , at the strip , or in town . I regularly get on it (The gas you
sickos!) .

At 07:21 AM 2/9/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Fellow R/T owner,
>Bummer. My R/T has almost 13K on it with no signs of any tranny probs at
>all. I have about 25 runs @ the track as well as a lot of on the road stop
>and go and high speed driving :^)... The fluid looks good although I am
>remiss in changing it out so far. Since Im planning on putting a 46RH/E
>behind a 500HP big block Im real interested in transmission issues! Did you
>install the shift kit prior to all of your woes (IE did you have it
>installed on your first tranny before it gave it up?) I would suggest
>calling some experts that are non-dealer related like level 10 (973)
>827-1000 (trans) or protorque (516)218-8700 (converters) to discuss the
>transmission probs. The 46RE isnt that much different from the 727a 3spd,
>and I have heard of many 100K 518s out there ( and Ive got a 300K 904 that
>still shifts well!). Just loosing reverse should be pretty easy to
>diagnose! I did get the extended 100K warranty specifically for the tranny
>and paint though. Just my luck Ill never use it...hopefully!
>BKB

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html