Re: Crane Cams Ignition

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 13:17:46 EST

In a message dated 2/9/99 8:03:02 AM Pacific Standard Time, panthony@pcn.com
writes:

<< Anyone using this box? I have a friend with a Chevelle and he has the HI-6s
 and is about to add the timing retard control (I think it's the HI-6tr?)
 Anyhow, he swears by it over the MSD. Any opinions? >>

I _ran_ a Crane Hi-6TR on my Blown SS/T... it just failed last weekend... :/

it was a nice unit.. slick, nice looking cockpit controls, more features than
MSD's 6AL, but the adjustable rev limiter uses little screws that make it a
pain to adjust.. now, I'm using the OE ignition with no boost retard at all

gonna try the MSD 6AL BTM next...

ttyl
Patrick
surf.to/rdperformance