RE: new email address CABLE MODEMS?

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 13:47:44 EST

Hey Sam,

> You have ONLY two computers hooked up???

Yup. That's it for now. As it is, our desk is pretty cluttered with all
the stuff on it as it is.

We're still in the process of building Jason's new PC and upgrading my mom's
with his leftovers. I have to admit, the new Monster Fusion video card and
Celeron 300A chip really is fast. The nice thing about it is that it can be
over-clocked to 450. The 3-D graphics really move! But of course, wanting
this meant a new style mother board, which also needs a different style
case, etc., etc., etc. Both are WIN98 too.

Once my mom's is finished upgrading, we'll have enough leftover parts to put
together another PC (486). We'll probably sell it cheap. Hey, I guess we
could get a NIC and that way we can read DML in the kitchen as well. :)

> I've got 2 WIN98 machines, a Linux box (under-construction),
> and I'm about to install 'Homefree' for my neighbor (wireless NIC card
> that will go into the Linux machine... the other NIC card goes into
> their computer across the street... 1MB throughput... will allow them to
> access the internet through MY cable modem... HE HE)

Sounds pretty neat. What's a Linux box? I'm not that PC literate, Jason is
the PC guy, I'm the main-frame person.

Dak content: Wish I could afford to upgrade my Dakota as well!

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd