Plenum Spacer??? attn: DML ,Bruce ,Frank & Jules

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 16:15:10 EST

I've just recieved some interesting information. Last Oct. I
stopped by a co. here in Little Rock called Street & Performance
Electronics, Inc. Apparently this co. is credited as the pioneer
of stand alone aftermarket fuel injection wiring harnesses and
components in 1985 and special featured in Hot Rod Magazine (Oct.
1986. They said they were going to start working on
the Dodge SBEC after the first of the year. Well, I called them
up to see what type of progress they were making. They said that
The Dodge computer was "difficult to work on" and that they had
been experimenting on a "plenum spacer".

(My question was:" What the hell is a plenum spacer?")

 The engineer/Tech said it was a 1 inch thich spacer that fit
between the TBI and the intake. He said it generated about
20 hp on the new chevy engines??.. and 15 hp on the Dodge 318 engine.
They also said the plenum spacer for the Dakota was 3/4 " thick.
I was invited to bring my truck down and have one installed for
$75.
Does 15 - 20 hp from a spacer sound logical? anyone know anything
about this type of "plenum spacer" technology? I going to have one
installed if I can get some FACTS on this mod.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd