Re: Air Intakes: 360 vs. Cone

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 18:51:09 EST

Jason,

I hear you, man. I'm in San Antonio and it's generally pretty hot here. I
figure outside air isn't all that much cooler than underhood air. I've
got the K&N FIPK on like it OK. I talked with Sean Meldrum about ram air
a lot. We figured that with hot air the best bet was to go with volume
rather than where it came from. A 360 intake will have more frontal
(intake surface) area than a snorkel. I know the cone has a bit more
surface area than a typical snorkel arrangement, but it may not be
comparable to a 3 or 4 inch 360.

All that said, it sure is nice (for performance) when the temp hits 45 or
less (Rarely, last night's low was 55).

Richard Pyburn