Re: Air Intakes: 360 vs. Cone

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 21:20:59 EST

The problem I see with the filter sitting on top of the engine is that it
only breathes in hot air. At least by moving the filter off to the side,
you have a chance of getting the cooler air. Heat rises, the cooler air
is rushing in from the front. I think the flat round filter looks kinda
cool, but if the cone has more surface area, which should mean it can
allow a higher volume of air to pass. And I think my kit looks pretty
cool also, and it is the cheapest on the market right now......anyway, Any
D is a great D......whether the D means Dakota or Durango we still have
the best trucks on the road...........Talk to you all later.....take care
and stay safe....Tony D.
PS, I tried to keep up with Sam and Bruce as they spanked the Chevy......I
almost made it.....well sorta.........I could still see them.....