Re: toolboxes

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 19 1999 - 10:35:01 EST

<< Can anyone recommend a good lockable weatherproof tool-cargo box for Daks?
 The black plastic type, good quality, but not too pricey? Do these anchor
 to the >>

I have a Contico on my Dakota. I really dont like the Deltas at all because of
how bad they sag, which plastic ones tend to do. The Contico's are $100 at Wal
Mart and are made so much better than those other plastic ones. I even want to
say its guarenteed not to sag. I have had mine for 4 years; full with tools,
camping equipment, recovery gear, towing gear, and all the fluids my truck
takes; in case some thing happens that tool box has just about everything I
will need when I am out in the woods. SO basically, its full and weighs alot
and has not sagged. I would highly suggest this brand. As far as mounting you
can dril holes through the box into the rails; but I didnt want to drill
through my bed rails. They sell inserts that clamp onto the bed rail and you
then bolt the box onto these clamps, works great and its solid. Good luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6