RE: Re: 5 Speed vs. Automatic -Reply

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 10:36:05 EST

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Derek Minor wrote:

> So you auto guys are saying we manual people can't afford the extra cash for
> the automatic? Cmon now lets be serious, maybe JUST maybe we prefer stick
> shifts, I for one don't live in a big city so i don't drive but about 20-30
> miles a day, so a stick is just more fun for me. I am not bashing on autos
> either I think its just a personal choice. I mean with an auto you can let
> anybody drive it because it doesnt take any skill right?

   I've always found the "less cash for a standard" a nice bonus,
considering that's all I buy. I'd actually pay *more* for the
standard... I think the extra money to get the auto is an imposed fee
by the government or the insurance industry. I think they must figure
that people who don't want to actually *drive* their cars are at more
risk than "real" drivers, or something... ;-)

  (Uh oh... FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!) =)

                                              -Jon-