Youth dies in Ford Ranger Crash

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 18:20:35 EST

Friday night a 17 yr.old lad was killed trying to take a corner
in his Ford Ranger. Some state police estimates put his speed at
75-85 mph. Its a slow curve to the left just down the road from
my house. I think an R/T or a lowered Dakota could have taken it
at 75mph, but just barely. Frankly, I don't think the Ranger had
a chance because of its overall suspension and height. I've also
seen several late model Expeditions and Explorers in the wrecking
yard that have been rolled. Needless to say, my son's first vehicle
won't be a Ford Ranger or any Ford!! Unfortunately I knew the lad,
he was a good kid and to inexperienced for that curve at that speed.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd