Re: RE: Re: Valve cover breathers. Any input??

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 22:59:40 EST

<< I have one by K&N on my 99 R/T with the Mopar Magnum valve covers. It is
in
 the Mopar performance catalog >>

Does this one by K&N, as well as other manufacturers, just simply replace the
factory metal one with the hose running into the air filter housing? You all
are just simply taking the factory one out and buying a 'push in' style right?
This is what I thought, just need a confirmation on that. In the manual, they
call it an 'inlet filter', but I guess it is really just a breather for the
engine rather than a filter. Anyone know off hand the size of the hole on the
valve cover for a V6? I plan on measuring anyway before I order one, just
would like a predetermined number to start with.
Thanks,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6