Re: Re: Valve cover breathers. Any input??

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 13:34:25 EST

In a message dated 3/2/99 5:51:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, GrnDak4x4@aol.com
writes:

<< << I'm thinking of putting a valve cover breather on my R/T instead of that
  nasty emissions hose.

 Ya know, I have thought about doing this on my 93. Instead of having that
 inlet filter cap sitting on the valve cover along with the hose going into
the
 ait filter housing; I could have this 'cool performance looking' breather
that
 has a 360 degree open element filter. Cute little boogers too at about 3"
tall
 and 3" round! As far the the hose going into the filter housing, I guess I
 could just leave it open for an bit of air flow increase. >>

Go to the "help" section that has misc. parts in Pep Boys...there you will
find rubber caps that are the exact fit for the intake bonnet bung. I would
cover the bung as the air entering it is not protected from the air filter.
Charles smith
1999 Dakota R/T
15.0@95 mph (g-tech)
Ican2u7176@aol.com (or) Dak99rt@aol.com