Re: RE: Re: Warranty/Pinging????

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 20:15:59 EST

Geez! It seems like this thing has gone on about five different
tangents... Not complaining mind you, just saying it's hard to keep things
straight!

<<If you have the problem with the vehicle, and it's a new (under warranty)
vehicle at that...demand that the dealer find the cause and fix it at their
cost. (Hell, if it means that they have to put headers on it...why not.)>>

Agreed!!!!!!!!!

<<There are a lot of Dak's that came from the factory that don't ping so that
tells me that there is a problem with the original configuration.
(Aftermarket parts can fix these...but again, if it's new and under
warranty, make them fix it. Why should you spend the money to fix their
screw-up.)>>

I don't disagree but, like I said, my motivation for putting the headers on was
not to cure the ping --it was simply a side benefit. My argument was with the
statement that after-market parts (like headers) could cause a cursory dismissal
of the warranty by the dealer. I *don't* agree with that!

<<I don't agree with the "Warranty Rules"..hell, Edelbrock proved the C.A.R.B.
and EPA wrong several years ago with a motor that they built...and it ran
cleaner, more efficient, and a hell-uv-a-lot more power. It didn't go
through though because the damn bureaucrats said "NO...It doesn't conform to
the current smog/emissions laws". (A--holes!)>>

If I ever get turned down for warranty work without the dealer showing cause, I
can assure you I will take it to arbitration and if necessary let the courts
decide! Nobody should lay down and play dead if some GD dealership is blowing
smoke up your a$$!!

L8R,

Tom