4x4 Tire sizes (suspension change in '93 ???)

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 07:03:36 EST

.
I'm looking at the April Four Wheeler, and they have a big chart where they
list a whole bunch of 4x4s and what size tires they'll fit stock or lifted.
The lifts are all theoretical, just because they list is doesn't mean a lift
in that size is actually available (don't I know).

Anyway, this is what they show for the Dakota:

Pre-'93 Dakota
30x9.50 - stock
32x11.50 - 3 inch body lift
33x12.50 - major fender trimming/flares, 3 inch suspension lift

'93-later Dakota
31x10.50 - stock
32x11.50 - minor fender trimming
33x12.50 - 3 inch suspension lift

Now, I'm inclined to think these guys have been smoking a bit of dope,
because they don't make any distinction between the '95 and '98. We have
one of each, and I'm here to tell ya, the '98 will definitely fit larger
tires. I would think that the '93 is a misprint and they meant to put '97,
except for the fact that I remember seeing this chart before the '97 body
change, and it looked the same. Did they make some changes to the
suspension in '93?

Jason Bleazard
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd