Re: Driveshaft Balancing

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Mar 04 1999 - 10:13:35 EST

On March 2, Chris Tesinsky wrote:
>I had my drive shaft (Propeller Shaft in Chrysler's terms)
>brought in to Driveshafts Unlimited today and they said it
>was out of balance. They said it is almost perfect at 3300 rpm's,
>they said they don't make weights smaller to get it any better.

One suggestion is to put an adjustable hose-type clamp on the driveshaft.
It is inexpensive but will take a lot of trial and error testing.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)