Re: Power Window Question

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 17:22:31 EST

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, FastAss Dak wrote:
> Still gettin used to the R/T, but damn it's nice. I do have a power
> Window Question, but first I must state that there are no stupid
> questions, just stupid people that ask questions :-] Anyway, The
> damn driver window comes all the way down when I tap the down button,
> passenger side works fine, Is there a way to program this, is this a
> defect, or am I just a retard? (dont answer that last one)... Its only
> been a day with power everything, so go easy on me.

  A bunch of other people have already posted the answer to this,
so I'll skip that part, but I have a question... Why is it that
this feature is only on the driver's window? In the summer, I will
often open both of my windows, so auto-down on both would be nice.
(Actually, I don't have auto-down on either of my '96s windows, but
I did have auto-down on my 3000GT and my Dad's Town & Country has
it.) Always only the driver's side though. I can understand why
no auto-up (kids and animals getting caught, etc.) but why no
passenger side? Yet another cost savings perhaps?

  One of the projects on my rather lengthy list is to make a
"module" that will allow people with older Daks to have auto-down
windows. (driver *and* passenger, not just one.) It'll also
do auto-up. To lower (or raise) either window automatically,
you'd give the switch a quick "click" (or "double-click", perhaps)
in the appropriate direction, and the module would take over
from there. If you wanted to raise or lower the window partway,
you'd just keep holding the switch; that'd be the module's cue
to leave the window alone.

  When I finally do get around to building this thing, I'll be sure
to post the plans and such in the upgrades section of the web
site so that anyone can duplicate (or improve on) it.

                                              -Jon-