Re: 1987 red express Dakota??

From: Glen Renzoni (glenzoni@totacc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 16:24:23 EST

I might be mistaken, but I don't think the Dakota was ever offered in a
step side. I've seen the 'lil red express, but that was a ram based model
for the '78-'79 model year. The Dakota red express (?) was an aftermarket
kit (featured the stepside bed and non-functional exhaust stacks and
decals). You could get the stepside bed by itself also. Seen one out of El
Paso a couple of years ago. Black. Looked sweet, but not allot of room in
the bed. Still an aftermarket kit.

> I recieved this question from someone. If anyone has any additional info
> reply to her: Jeannie Young <Jeannie.Young@mci.com>
>

> >>Mike,
> >>I have a 1987 Dodge step side Dakota. Do you have any information on
this
> >>pick up? I have been told there were only a small number of them. I am
> >>thinking of selling it and I would like to know a little more about
it's
> >>history.
> >>Thanks,
> >>Jeannie
>
> Jeannie, the only step side Dakota I have heard of is what's called a
Li'l