RE: Air Intake

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 12:55:30 EST

I have installed a conical K&N on my 5.2L Dak and did not lose anything. I
picked up some top end, but the biggest difference is that the throttle is
more responsive. Off the line, the throttle is much smoother. I have some
pictures of my setup at:
http://lonestar.texas.net/~jndneff/dakota/intake1.jpg
http://lonestar.texas.net/~jndneff/dakota/intake2.jpg

Do it, you will like it!

John
98 Dakota 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers

<snip>
OK, Now I'm confused. I was going to put a K/N conical on my r/t, because
I thought it would help me with mileage as well as power all through the
powerband, but I'm I understanding this correct that If I get rid of the
stock airbox, I could see loss in the low end?

<unsnip>